Auto Dial your Works VPN
One less job to get in the way of your coffee in the morning is if your works VPN could dial itself!
Well here's how: -
1 - We'll assume you have your standard Windows VPN connection all set up and working - just a pain you have to click on it!
2. You need to create/write a batch file - to do this - Open a Notepad session * and paste into it the following code: -
c:windowssystem32rasdial.exe YourConnectionName YourUsername YourPassword
You may need to put in quotes of the three variables which has a space. And you should have an encyrpted machine as your password would be in cleartext in the batch file! Another subject.
3. Save the Notepad file and Exit - change the .txt extension to .bat (you may have to use the View button and show extensions to do this).
4. - Test the batch file dials your VPN -[TIP] - put the command pause at the end of the command line to see any errors it might have when it runs].
5. Windows and R again - type shell:startup and but your batch file in this location to make it execute as soon as you login!
* - Windows Key and R - type Notepad and press Enter